I am redesigning. Let me re-phrase that. I am re-ordering and (hopefully) improving the current design. Don’t be surprised if stuff stops working or looks funny around here over the next few days. Individual entries currently look like arse. So far I’ve merged four separate weblogs for ease of use and am now trying to find out why the image map doesn’t work in Firebird (solved). I don’t know about this XHTML strict, it’s hard work.
Update 12/1: I’ve had to switch off automatic generation of category archives because it was taking too long to rebuild (30 seconds and more). After switching it off it takes 8 seconds. It’s a known problem that will be addressed in MT 3.0.
I also found out one of the merged weblogs had not properly been deleted from the database. The user was deleted (so I didn’t see it anymore) but mt-medic (nifty tool) told me the 4000 (!) entries were still there.
I am considering taking out the 1999 – 2001 entries and putting them back in a separate blog/archive. Most of it isn’t relevant anymore and a lot of the links are dead.
Still to do:
– fix handling of P tag within different divs.
– upgrade to mySQL database (didn’t work the first time, or the second time)
– update archive, about and e-mail page
– the return of the sidebar…