These are my links for May 12th through May 22nd as bookmarked on delicious.com:
- Philip Seymour Hoffman, Rachel McAdams in ‘A Most Wanted Man’ (Exclusive First Look)
I can't wait to see this.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman is us – today > entertainment – today > entertainment > movies – TODAY.com
Identification, not transference. Yeah, I think this writer's on to something.
- The new Flickr: Goodbye customers, hello ads | TechHive
Derek Powazek's take on the new Flickr
"Bloat free rss-reader" (a Google reader alternative)
- A Logic Named Joe
" short science-fiction story by Murray Leinster. Published in 1946, the story depicts data-mining, massively networked computers, search engines, privacy/censorship filters and internet porn."
- Jaron Lanier: The Internet destroyed the middle class – Salon.com
"Kodak employed 140,000 people. Instagram, 13. A digital visionary says the Web kills jobs, wealth — even democracy"
- Hollywood Bigfoot: Terrence Malick And The Twenty-Year Hiatus That Wasn’t
These are my links for May 6th through May 7th as bookmarked on delicious.com:
- Numbers — I.M.H.O. — Medium
"It’s overwhelming at times, to have to become a human instead of a machine."
- Erwin Olaf’s hyperreal Berlin | Dazed Digital
- CIA requested Zero Dark Thirty rewrites, memo reveals | Film | guardian.co.uk
"Document shows agency requested removal of interrogation scene with dog, and shots of operatives partying with AK47"
- Vertical Horizon, Photo Book of Hong Kong’s Soaring Architecture as Seen From Below
- Helen Mirren, Dressed as the Queen, Tells Street Drummers to Fuck Off
"But seeing Helen Mirren dressed as the Queen cussing and swearing and making you stop your parade – that’s a new one."
- What Is Going on With the Accents in Game of Thrones?
- Dialect Blog
"Dialect Blog was launched in 2011 as a place for hobbyists, actors, linguists and curiosity-seekers to learn about and discuss the dialects of the English language."
- Mad Men: In Defense of Betty – Speakeasy – WSJ
These are my links for May 3rd through May 5th as bookmarked on delicious.com:
- “Second cousin once removed”
Nifty infographic explains family relations
- Henry Hargreaves’s Photos of What Famous Musicians Eat Backstage | VICE United States
"I decided to focus on the quirkiest requests and shoot them in a Flemish Baroque still-life style"
- Instagram filters abandoned by photographers who opt for purity | News.com.au
"The National Collegiate Athletic Association recently banned college sports coaches from sending filtered photographs of their campus to prospective students because of the concern it could paint a false picture of the facilities."
- Maggie by Andrew O’Hagan | The New York Review of Books
"Thatcher stopped the milk."
- Sequential Stark: Wired Reviews Iron Man 3 — In Comic Book Format | Underwire | Wired.com
- Keep Music Evil?: Cathal Coughlan Interviewed – The Quietus
- Reductress – Women’s News. Feminized.
Onion-style spoof of women's magazines.